Join us on the 75th anniversary of the 10th Mountain Division’s time in Italy as we remember those who served, and honor the legacy of the Division that endures today. As you’ll see on the trip brochure, we are offering a pre-trip visit to Normandy France to see the D-Day landing beaches, inland drop zones, the Normandy American Cemetery, and the beautiful Norman villages and countryside. As is our custom, our Main trip will begin in Florence and will follow the 10th’s combat and post-war route through the hill towns to Lake Garda and on to present day Slovenia. Please consider joining us on what is sure to be another great trip to northern Italy to honor the WWII 10th Mountain Division
GRANT-IN-AID FOR DESCENDANTS OF 10TH VETERANS ATTENDING THE 2020 RETURN TO ITALY TRIP
A lawyer colleague of TMDD past president Kate Raabe recently contacted her to explain that he is the trustee for a Foundation of a deceased client who left some funds to be distributed as charitable contributions. One of the client’s interests was military history, and the trustee thinks his client would have enjoyed providing some funds for 10th descendants to help carry on the legacy of the 10thMountain Division.
The trustee generously consented to providing $15,000 for descendants of WWII 10th and modern 10th veterans to assist in attending the 2020 Return to Italy Trip sponsored by the 10th Mt. Div. Descendants. A committee was then formed to: determine eligibility and selection process, develop registration form and application process, and develop a plan to disseminate the information. The resulting action plan was reviewed and approved by the TMDD EXCOM.
- The applicant must be a current Member or Associate of the 10th Mt. Division Descendants Inc. or 10th Mt. Division Association.
- This must be their first time attending a Return to Italy trip sponsored by the 10th Association or 10th Descendants.,
- If under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- If school age must be minimally entering 7th grade, maximum age 35.
- Only one family member per WWII 10th veteran or modern 10th veteran is eligible to receive a grant.
- BOD members of the TMDD, 10th National Association or Tenth Foundation and their immediate family members are not eligible.
- Applicant agrees to writing a minimum 2 page reflection paper of their 2020 Return to Italy trip experience within one month upon their return and submitting to TMDD.
Application and Selection Process:
A separate grant-in-aide application will be included in the 2020 Return to Italy Trip registration packet mailed to all members of TMDD by InterTrav this fall. Simultaneously, an online version of the grant-in-aide application and Italy trip registration packet will be made available on the TMDD, Tenth Foundation and National Association web sites.
The grants will be awarded on a first come first served basis upon the return of the registration materials. Upon receiving the completed grant application and 2020 Return to Italy Trip registration forms, including deposit, InterTrav will then date stamp the application. The first fifteen who meet all of the above eligibility criteria will be selected. Upon selection InterTrav will determine the remainder due for the trip (minus $1000) and bill the individual/family.